Saturday, November 20, 2010

Urban Queen Window Farming...

I have always had a desire to garden, but since I live in an apartment with no balcony, I've felt limited. When I was growing up my grandmother had a garden in her back yard where she grew all kinds of vegetables and melons. We enjoyed fresh tomatoes, squash, collards, strawberries, watermelons and corn made for dinners and snacks.

Recently, I decided not to let the fact that I live in an apartment limit my ability to provide my family with fresh fruits and veggies. A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon Window Farms, a group that is developing a way to grow food hydroponically indoors in urban environments. Today I invested in a Window Farm and I can't wait for it to get here and share with everyone my adventure of growing fresh veggies indoors. I should receive it in the mail around December 15th and will hopefully have it assembled up and running shortly thereafter.

Take a look at The Window Farms YouTube video:

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! you're going to learn so much through this project. Plants are persistent little buggers and you'll be surprised by their will to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a garden but I'm from the country, I'm glad I have a house I can garden in the summer and spring. Its funny to tell folks that your working in your garden and they give you a look like your from some 3 world place. They don't know good food though until they come over and eat something I cook...then they go...WOW. good luck to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What will you be growing? I'd like some peas and okra. :-) Terry

    ReplyDelete